- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup brown butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a second large bowl, mix together brown butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and egg yolk, greek yogurt, and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and transfer to parchment lined loaf pan.
- Bake the banana bread for 1 hour until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 – 15 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Category: Dessert, Quick Bread, Snack
Keywords: banana bread, banana, brown butter