- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
Mixed Berry (Blackberry and blueberry) Jam
- 1 pound fresh berries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 10 vanilla sandwich cookies, crushed
Mixed Berry Jam
- Wash and clean berries, then cut them into even pieces and add berries into a saucepan.
- Add sugar to the saucepan and mash the berries with the fruit using a potato masher or muddler.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Boil the berries for 20 minutes over medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Take a bit of the hot jam and put it on a frozen spoon then wait for it to cool. If you’re able to run your finger through the jam and you can clearly see the back of the spoon, then your jam is set. The jam should no longer be in a liquid state.
- Remove the jam from the heat and transfer it to a clean jar.
- All the jam to cool completely before refrigerating.
- Chill a 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream in a standing mixer on medium-high or in a bowl using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula until just combined. Next fold in the other half of the whipped cream until well completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan, then cover freeze for 2 hours until the ice cream is thick and creamy.
- Swirl in the mixed berry jam and crushed vanilla sandwich cookies using a long skewer. Place the pan back into the freezer for 3 more hours until the ice cream is solid, but scoop-able.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: ice cream
Keywords: ice cream, homemade ice cream, homemade jam