A fun and easy fruit tart and pastry cream recipe!
· 100 g unsalted butter, cold
· 175 g all purpose flour
· 1 egg
· 1 tbsp water, cold
· 25 g icing sugar
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 1/4 cup cornstarch
· pinch of salt
· 2 cups milk
· 4 egg yolks
· 2 tbsp unsalted butter
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Whisk dry ingredients together or pulse together in a food processor
2. Add in the egg yolk and water, then mix. The dough should come together.
3. Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes
4. Roll the dough onto a baking tin with a removable bottom
5. Gently, but firmly press the dough into the pan
6. Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork
7. Place aluminum foil onto the dough and pour baking beans or dried beans to weigh it down.
8. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit while you make the filling.
9. Remove the foil and the baking beans
10. Then bake the crust for 15 more minutes.
1. Whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan.
2. Whisk milk and egg yolks in a glass measuring cup then add the mixture to the saucepan along with the butter.
3. Bring everything to a boil over medium heat and let it boil for 1 minute while still whisking. The cream will start to thicken. Remove the cream from the heat as soon as the cream starts to thicken. Then stir in the vanilla.
4. Strain the pastry cream through a wire mesh sieve
5. Cover the pastry cream with plastic wrap by pressing the plastic wrap onto the surface to the cream. Refrigerate the pastry cream for up to 2 hours.
6. Assemble the tart by adding the pastry cream into the tart shell. Then add on any fruits your heart desires! Enjoy!
- Category: fruit tarts
Keywords: pastry cream, fruit tart, tart, berries, fruits, pastries