- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, browned
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Begin with browning the butter over medium heat. The butter will start to foam as it melts and will turn golden brown. A nutty aroma will be your sign to remove the pan from the heat and pour it into a heat-proof bowl to cool.
- Once the butter cools, combine it in a large bowl with the brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix together until well combined. Then add in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk. Mix well until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, golden raisins, raisins, dried cranberries, baking soda, and salt together. Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time until its combined.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough anywhere between 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out 2 tbsp of cookie dough into balls.
- Place the cookie dough balls 2 inches apart on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 13 minutes. Bake until the edges of the cookies are golden brown and the middle of the cookies are nearly set (center looks slightly under baked). Oven times vary.
- Cool before you eat and enjoy!
- Category: Cookies, snacks
Keywords: oatmeal cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, oatmeal