A devine rum cake layered with beautiful peach flavor.
- 1 yellow peach, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (for the bottom of the bundt pan with the peach)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (for the bottom of the bundt pan with the peach)
- 3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks (345g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (145g) packed dark brown sugar (light brown sugar will work as well)
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- zest from 1 lemon
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (120ml) rum or spiced rum
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk, at room temperature (almond milk was used for this recipe)
Butter Rum Sauce
- ¼cup (70g) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) light brown sugar, frmly packed
- ¼ cup (60ml) spiced rum
- ¼ cup (60ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 (30ml)cup peach schnapps
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Wash, peel and cut a peach.
- In a sauce pan, melt 1/4 cup butter then add 1/2 cup brown sugar and mix until combined. Pour into the bundt pan and add the sliced peach to the bottom of the bundt pan, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt the set aside.
- Use a hand held mixer and a large bowl or standing mixer with a whisk attachment to mix the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and lemon zest together until creamed, about 2 minutes.
- Next, add each egg one at a time and mix after each egg. Add the Greek yogurt, and vanilla and mix on medium speed until well combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides so that your ingredients are well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix on low speed.
- Slowly pour in the rum and milk. Mix the thick batter on medium speed.
- Pour the cake batter evenly over the peaches in the bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean with just a couple lightly moist crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 1 hour to 2 hours inside the pan.
- Invert the cake onto a wire rack or serving dish.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in the heavy cream, rum, peach schnapps, and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a heat proof measuring cup or bowl and allow the sauce to cool to room temperature. If not using right away, store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Warm slightly and stir before using.
- Using a skewer, Gently poke the cake with a 5 – 10 holes. Then pour some of the sauce over the top of the cake.
- Serve the cake with vanilla ice cream and drizzle some more sauce of the top for some more decadence!
- Store the cake at room temp for up to 2 days, in the refrigerator for about a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Category: cake
Keywords: rum cake, cake, bundt cake, fruit cake