You always need a quick, easy and delicious brownie recipe to run to! This is the one!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 –1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan or in the microwave in a heat proof bowl. If you are going to melt the butter in the microwave, then be sure to melt the butter in 10-15 second intervals.
- Set the butter aside and allow it to cool in the pan or in a heatproof bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled butter, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and white sugar. Whisk together. Add in the egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and espresso powder. Add in half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then mix together. Fold in the chocolate chunks and be sure that you do not over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool and set before cutting them into squares (or whatever shape your heart desires!)
- Category: dessert
Keywords: brownies, dessert, easy dessert recipe