Try out this simple and easy brownie recipe!
Brownies are one of those desserts that are on my list of comfort foods. They’re perfect any time of the year and pair well with many different kinds of flavors. Brownies are amazing with ice cream, whipped cream, nuts, chocolate chips, gummy worms, caramel or simply by themselves! I think it’s important to have a basic brownie recipe up your sleeve for a quick dinner party dessert, bake sale, office potluck or a late night snack!
These brownies are more on the cakey side with a slightly fudgy center. What’s your favorite kind of brownie? Cakey? Fudgey? Or a mix of both?
Need another quick dessert for your repertoire?
Try out these easy recipes!
What you’ll need for these amazing, easy and simple brownies!
- Butter: Butter makes everything better.
- Vegetable oil: Vegetable oil gives these brownies their chewiness.
- Granulated sugar: This is where the sweet goodness comes from!
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar adds a layer of rich flavor to this recipe from the molasses, but you can use all granulated sugar if you do not have brown sugar.
- Eggs: Eggs are the leavening agent in this recipe.
- Vanilla: Yes, these are brownies made with chocolate, but vanilla adds a nice additional layer of flavor to the brownies.
- Flour: I used all purpose flour for this recipe.
- Cocoa powder: This is where the majority of the chocolate flavor comes from.
- Salt: Don’t leave out the salt. This is enhances the flavors in the brownies and keeps the brownies from being ridiculously sweet.
- Chocolate Chunks: You can use any kind of mix in or omit the chocolate, but why wouldn’t you want to leave out extra chocolate? The more chocolate, the better! You can definitely use chocolate chips or chopped chocolate from a quality chocolate bar as well!
- Espresso powder: Espresso powder is optional, but it enhances the chocolate in these brownies and makes the brownies extra chocolaty!
Recommended tools for this easy brownie recipe
- 8×8 baking pan
- Parchment Paper
You always need a quick, easy and delicious brownie recipe to run to! This is the one!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 –1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan or in the microwave in a heat proof bowl. If you are going to melt the butter in the microwave, then be sure to melt the butter in 10-15 second intervals.
- Set the butter aside and allow it to cool in the pan or in a heatproof bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled butter, vegetable oil, brown sugar, and white sugar. Whisk together. Add in the egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and espresso powder. Add in half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then mix together. Fold in the chocolate chunks and be sure that you do not over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool and set before cutting them into squares (or whatever shape your heart desires!)
- Category: dessert
Keywords: brownies, dessert, easy dessert recipe