Check out this refreshing Blueberry and Blood Orange Margarita recipe!
This recipe is so perfect for an at-home happy hour with friends, a get together to celebrate a milestone or just to hang out with your partner on the patio! Nothing is better than gathering with friends for a a nice and refreshing drink and catching up on the beauty that life has to offer.
This margarita has a bit of carbonation in it to add some extra flare to the drink!
What you’ll need to make a Blueberry and Blood Orange Margarita
- Blueberries: The blueberry flavor comes from the muddled blueberries.
- Silver tequila: I recommend using silver tequila rather than gold tequila for this recipe because the flavor doesn’t compete with the fruity flavors of the margarita.
- Orange liqueur: I used Triple Sec for this recipe, but feel free to use Grand Marnier or Cointreau. They all work perfectly for this recipe.
- Lime juice: What’s a margarita without some fresh lime juice? The lime juice adds some needed acidity to cut the sweetness.
- Simple syrup: Homemade blueberry simple syrup was used for this recipe which added some additional blueberry flavor. You are welcome to use plain simply syrup (homemade or store bought).
- Carbonated blood orange drink: The carbonated blood orange drink makes this margarita extra special. I used San Pellegrino blood orange sparkling drink for this recipe.
- Garnishes: The addition of a vibrant red blood orange slice, a slice of lime, and blueberries really make the final presentation of this drink pop!
- Ice: This margarita is on the rocks and the drink definitely tastes better ice cold!
- Salt and Sugar: You can line the rim of your glass with salt or sugar or omit the both of them completely.
Check out other fun recipes such as my No-Churn Homemade Mixed Berry Jam Ice Cream!Print
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces orange liqueur (Grand Marnier, Triple Sec or Cointreau)
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 ounces blueberry simply syrup or regular simple syrup (optional)
- carbonated blood orange drink (San Pellegrino was used in this recipe.)
- blood orange wedge, blueberries and/or lime wedges and coarse salt for rimming the glass
- salt or sugar to rim your glass (optional)
- Rub a lime on the rim of two glasses with a lime wedge.
- Pour some sugar or coarse salt onto a plate or a shallow bowl, and dip the rim of the glass in the sugar or salt. Set aside.
- Muddle the blueberries and lime juice together in a cocktail shaker until the liquid turns blue/purple.
- Add the tequila, simple syrup and a small handful of ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake or stir until well combined.
- Fill your glasses with ice.
- Strain and pour into your glasses.
- Leave room to pour the carbonated blood orange drink
- Enjoy! Cheers!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: cocktails
Keywords: margarita, tequila, national tequila day