This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe! Brown butter and three types of chocolate make this soft and chewy cookie recipe divine!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, browned
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped (or you can use dark chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup white chocolate, chopped (or you can use white chocolate chips)
- Brown the butter over medium heat in a sauce pan. Remove the butter from the heat as soon as it starts to turn brown and has a nutty and caramel smell. Set the butter aside and allow it to cool in the pan or in a heatproof bowl.
- In a large bowl combine the cooled brown butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Whisk together. Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add in half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then mix together. Add in the remaining flour a little bit at a time. Fold in the chocolate and be sure that you do not over mix the dough.
- This recipe does not need to be refrigerated, but you are welcome to refrigerate the cookie dough for at least a half hour, or overnight. You can also store this cookie dough in the freezer for up to one month until you are ready to bake the cookies. If freezing the dough, allow the dough to thaw for 30 minutes before baking.
- Once you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a 1 ounce ice cream scoop to scoop the cookie dough out into balls. Place the cookies at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the centers have risen. The centers of the cookies should be gooey.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy!
- Category: cookies
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies, perfect chocolate chip cookies, cookies