Perfectly refreshing dairy-free and low sugar treat!
- 4 cups frozen watermelon (ripe and seedless)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. Depending on the appliance that you’re using, you may need to blend on low speed first, then gradually increase. It also helps to slightly thaw out the fruit or add 1/4 cup of liquid (water, dairy-free milk, or lemon juice) to help the fruit blend.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container with a lid and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer and briefly whisk. It will have a bit of a slushy consistency.
- Put the sorbet back in the freezer for at least 4 more hours.
- The sorbet will freeze well for about 2 weeks.
- Allow the sorbet to slightly thaw, so that you can easily scoop it out of the container.
- Category: sorbet, sherbert, ice cream
Keywords: sorbet, sherbert, ice cream, dairy-free, vegan, no added sugar